Lets grow together
Bible Studies available at Divine Shepherd:
SUNDAYS, 9:15AM - 9:50AM, BEGINS SEPTEMBER 10
- Adult Bible Study – “Life of Jesus: Parables” (Chapel) Dig into the meaning of Jesus’ teachings with Pastor Jim. Learn how to unpack the meaning of Jesus’ parables and apply them to your life. Over the course of 12 sessions, they will study the parables of The Prodigal Son, The Great Banquet, The Sower, The Pharisee and the Tax Collector, and more.
- Basic Bible Teachings For Everyone and People Becoming Members (Trinity Center) Pastor Brent will explore 24 teachings that God gives us so that we live the Christian life with expectations having Jesus as our Savior. This class is open to everyone and especially for people considering membership at Divine Shepherd. This class will meet Sundays, Sept. 10 through Oct. 22.
- Women’s Bible Study - “Better, a Study of Hebrews” (Shepherd’s Room) This study is led by Dena Nigh and is a continuation from the summer.
MONDAYS, 10AM - 11:30AM, BEGINS SEPTEMBER 11
- Women’s Bible Study (Trinity Center) This group will decide on its next book and bible study at its first meeting. Bring your suggestions to this fellowship opportunity. Pastor Brent will facilitate the first session so bring your questions for him too.
TUESDAYS, 10AM - 11:00AM, BEGINS SEPTEMBER 12
- Adult Bible Study - “Nurturing Your Faith: Life Together” (Chapel) This four-session Bible study with Pastor Jim will explore the letter of 1 Peter and its implication for believers. Transformed by God through faith and led by His Spirit, we love and serve in our communities while struggling against the world’s influence and making our church a welcoming place to non-believers. Sessions include video insights from study author Rev. Dr. Dale Meyer, former Lutheran Hour speaker and Concordia Seminary president.
WEDNESDAYS, 6PM- 7PM, BEGINS SEPTEMBER 6
- Adult Bible Study - The Chosen, Season 2 (Sanctuary) This interactive Bible study is based on season 2 of The Chosen, bringing both the Old and New Testaments to life in an approachable and conversational way. Tim and Joan Nordquist will facilitate the discussion.
- Men’s Bible Study - A Biblical View on Current Events (Faith Room) The study will see Bible is alive today by relating it to news events happening here and now.
- Women’s Bible Study - God does His Best Work on Empty (Shepherd’s Room) This study is led by Jenny Darr and will examine God’s work to fill up emptiness as revealed throughout the Bible and see that God really does do His best work with empty—as he fills it with Himself. Please sign-up at dsomaha.org/events for this study so we have enough books.
FRIDAYS, 6:15AM - 7:15AM, ONGOING STUDY
- Men’s Bible Study - Philippians (Shepherd’s Room) This study is led by Jason Snell
Groups in the Church Center each have the Word and prayer part of their events. View those groups at divineshepherd.churchcenter.com/groups